Thursday, September 15, 2011

Salzburg, Austria: Where Dreams relive




Winter is not the typical time to travel or sightseeing, except when you really want to bog yourself in the cold. But when Salzburg Global Seminar invited participant form UM and I was encouraged to apply by the then Director of APIUM, I just said "why not", just to try my luck. Then the rest was history. Got a ticket to fly, actually two with my significant other. Five days in Schloss Leopoldskron, in front of a beautiful lake used to film The Sound of Music (remember Julie Andrews in it?). The view is picturesque, it's Alps after all.

Salzburg is an old, small town, yet so livable. It is so piece and calm, the people are nice and seem to be caring with foreigners like me, (not like Parisians who are sombong, racist and arrogant).

Even though the temperature was between 4 degrees to -4 at that time, what to do, takkan nak duduk dalam istana sahaja...

No comments: